Guess what today is??!?It's my birthday!And I'm celebrating with a Naked Birthday Cake!!
Layers of cake,lemon curd,碎酥皮，swiss buttercream and sparklers.Boom.What more could you ask for?I've been dying to make a naked birthday cake forever – basically one that's barely frosted on the outside so you can see all those glorious layers on the inside!!And because it needs to be bright and cheerful (just like me) we threw on a bunch of pink and yellow candies and flowers PLUS some sparklers on top.因为这不是没有火花和十亿卡路里的生日！If you need me I'll be taking a fork to this cake and hanging out because calories don't count on your big day!!
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter,room temp
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 9 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ¼ pounds butter,room temp,cut into small pieces
- Lemon curd
- crumbled meringue cookies
- Sparkler Candles
- Fresh Fruit
- Meringue cookies
- 把烤箱预热到350华氏度。Butter and flour three 9-inch cake pans.
- Whisk together the flour,baking powder,小苏打和盐。
- In a electric mixer with the paddle attachment,beat the butter and sugar together for 3 minutes.Add eggs,one at a time,Beat in the vanilla.把速度降低到最低，加入一半的面粉混合物。Add 1 cup of buttermilk and mix until combined.add remaining flour mixture and beat.加入剩余的酪乳搅拌。Remove from the mixer and finish mixing by hand if needed.Divide the batter amongst the 3 prepped cake pans.
- Bake until golden brown and done,about 30-35 minutes.Let cakes cool for a few minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a saucepan that can hold a standing mixer's bowl above the water.Whisk the sugar,the egg whites,lemon juice,and salt in the bowl by hand.把碗放在沸水上面，继续搅拌，直到混合物热到摸起来糖溶解，about 1 to 2 minutes.Transfer the bowl to a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat the egg whites at medium-high speed until they almost hold a stiff peak and are fully cooled,about 10 minutes.Beat in the butter,a little at a time,until the icing is smooth and spreadable.
- To assemble the cake,place one layer of the cake on a cake stand.Spread 3 tablespoons of lemon curd on top of the cake and sprinkle with some of the crushed meringue cookies.在上面铺上1/2英寸的瑞士奶油层，然后小心地把第二层蛋糕放在上面。Repeat the process with additional lemon curd,洒上酥皮和更多的瑞士奶油。Add the last layer of cake of top.Frost the top of the cake with more of the Swiss Buttercream and add a super thin layer of the Swiss Buttercream to the sides of the cake.Frost until smooth.Decorate with any desired toppings and serve as needed.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out.Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsbetwa让球gabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!!