我们可以诚实一点吗？I make a boat load of food on a weekly basis.Most of it is pretty because I want toInstagramit and show all of you gorgeous food.然而，sometimes it's weird looking,and not beautiful.但是通常这些是最好的创作。
Like these Quinoa Burrito Bowls.I tried to make them as pretty as possible for you,但让我们现实一点，about 10 seconds after I snapped these pics,I took my spoon,tossed everything together (I mean,thereabsolutely在每一口中鳄梨酱和莎莎酱必须相等。and chowed down.So then it was just a big bowl of messiness but it was freaking tasty.So good.Big deal kinda good.I may or may not have licked the bowl and then had seconds.Sorry,我不后悔。
We probably have them for dinner at least twice a week.They are beyond easy to throw together and it's a medley of my favorite flavors.
It all starts with some kind of base.We go back and forth between quinoa and farro,but quinoa won today.So let's go with it. Quinoa Burrito Bowls – ready set go!!
Quinoa on the bottom.
Black beans on top.
Shredded Chickengoes on top of that!!
然后我们可以堆放任何我们想要的东西。I'm partial to some shredded monterey jack cheese,guacamole,salsa,chives and some crema!还有…dinner is ready.
Annnnd.Lunch is ready for the next day too because these are bomb for leftovers.Just be sure to make a fresh batch of guac if you're eating it the next day… no one likes a slightly brown guacamole.That's weird.
I hope you all have an absolutely fantastic looooong weekend filled with lots of good eats,快乐的回忆和阳光。
Remember how I said that my Easy Mexican Shredded Chicken was a staple in my house!Well here's another recipe using that simple go-to chicken recipe!!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups quick refried black beans (recipe below)
- 2杯shredded mexican chicken
- 1 recipe辣味鳄梨糖
- 1 cupchipotle salsa
- 1 cup onion,finely chopped
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the refried black beans on top of each portion of quinoa,然后是等量的墨西哥鸡丝。
- Add toppings to the quinoa burrito bowls and serve immediately.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil over medium high heat.Saute the onions along with the red pepper flakes,paprika and cayenne pepper for about 5 minutes.
- Using a mashing device,把豆子捣碎，直到它们变得有点光滑和厚实。
- 尝一尝，必要时调一下盐。Use as needed.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out.Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsbetwa让球gabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!!